Lapland Winter Wonderland Christmas in Yllas w/Meals
- Akas Hotel
- 8 Nts
- Board Basis:
- Half Board
- Return Flights
- Atol Protection
- 20kg Luggage Allowance
- Resort Transfers
- Half Board
- 8 Nights Accommodation
- Free Christmas Dinner with a visit from Santa & his Reindeer on 25 December
- Please call 0114 250 4042 for available departure dates
Akas Hotel, Ylläs
An atmospheric, friendly hotel situated in the traditional unspoiled Lappish village of Äkäslompolo. The Akas Hotel enjoys a highly scenic and peaceful wooded location with miles of cross-country ski trails starting from the door.
Its popular bar, dance floor, restaurant and night club form the hub of local entertainment. The hotel is a 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the village centre. The ski bus (free to hotel guests) stops outside the hotel.
Alternatively, you may also be interested in our other Christmas Lapland Holiday - 4.5 Star Levitunturi Spa Hotel
3 Star Akas Hotel, Yllas
- 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the village centre
- Free ski bus stops outside
Hotel rooms are 3 star quality.
Hotel rooms (sleep 1-3) - all are appointed with:
- Shower, WC, Hairdryer
- All comfortable twins take a 3rd bed
- Good hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3 course buffet dinner or €10 credit towards à la carte menu
- Free Christmas Dinner with a visit from Santa and his reindeer on 25 December
- Bar with large dance floor
- Gym, sauna, indoor swimming pool (Free)
- Spa treatments (pay locally)
- WI-FI available in all hotel rooms and studios (daily fee)
- Free use of guest PC in lobby
- Ski waxing room
An unspoiled winter wonderland with magnificent national park scenery
Ylläs combines all the ingredients necessary for a perfect Lapland experience. Guests return year after year to enjoy its stunning unspoiled natural scenery, Finland’s longest ski slopes and an excellent network of cross-country trails.
It offers a wide choice of activities and safaris, including exhilarating reindeer, husky and snowmobile safaris. The skies here are especially clear, ideal for witnessing the magical Northern Lights.
The resort comprises two Lappish villages set 15 minutes apart connected by a resort shuttle bus: Äkäslompolo where Äkäs Hotel is located, and Ylläsjärvi.
Pre-bookable Excursion & Activity Information
To book please contact our Travel Advisers.
- Downhill Skiing/Snowboarding
- Ski Taster For Complete Beginners
- Cross Country Skiing
- Santas Secret Home (4 Dec - 14 Jan) - £48
- Reindeer Farm Visit and Safari - £42
- Northern Lights Horse Sleigh - £48
- Snowmobile Safari - £59-85
- Husky Safari - £37-74
- Horse-riding Safari - £63
- Laino Snow Hotel Visit - £27
- Snowshoe Safari - £37
- Aurora Photo Workshop - £31
Skiing in Ylläs
- 53km of piste.
- Longest Run: 3km
- Night Skiing available
Beginner skiing in Yllas
An ideal resort in which to learn to ski or board. Uncrowded perfectly groomed slopes, small classes and friendly English speaking instructors.
Pre-bookable Learn to Ski and Learn to Snowboard weeks are available for complete beginners from only £255pp (ski) and £279 (snowboard) and include:
- 7 days lift pass
- 7 days 'Blue' ski/board & boot hire
- 5 days tuition (1½ hrs per day)
Intermediate skiing in Ylläs
Great area for early intermediates with wide flattering runs and no lift queues.
Advanced skiing in Ylläs
Limited challenges but some good off-piste snow conditions.
2 floodlit snow parks with jumps, a super-pipe and boarder-cross course.
Cross-country skiing in Yllas
330km of trails (35km floodlit). Excellent for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails in wonderful scenery.
Pre-bookable Learn to Cross Country weeks are available from only £175pp and include:
- 7 Day 'Blue' Ski & Boot Hire
- 5 Days Tuition (1½ hrs per day)
Ski bus info: Free when staying at Äkäs Hotel,
* Additional Charges
If the number of people staying in this room is less than the maximum occupancy, there may be a slight charge for under-occupancy. Bookings made by credit card incure a fee of 1%, American Express 2.5%, no charge for UK debit cards. All other holiday companies charge these supplements; it's just that we are up front about them and inform you of them before you call.
Terms and Conditions
All property information is the tour operators brochure description and is provided by an independent source. Facilities and amenities described herein can not be guaranteed by the Agent. All holidays are subject to availability changes. When a deal is gone, it is gone.
Certain countries require visas prior to travel. It is your responsibility to check for any necessary visa or inoculation requirements for your destination.