Andorra; Grand Valira Ski Area w/Meals & Guiding
- El Tarter / Soldeu
- Hotel Del Clos
- 7 Nights
- Board Basis:
- ATOL Protection
- Return Flights
- 20kg Luggage Allowance
- Afternoon Tea
- Evening Meals
- FREE Ski Guiding and Coaching
- Please call 0114 250 4042 for available departure dates
Hotel Del Clos, El Tarter / Soldeu
The Hotel Del Clos sports a fabulous location. Its inviting après bar and the large, south-facing sun terrace which gives you superb views over El Tarter's slopes is destined to be the scene of many a tall tale over a long drink at the end of great days skiing.
The host of communal spaces, all decorated with beautifully carved wood and stone, includes a snug lounge with comfy seating and large log fire, ideal for a bit of chill out time before dinner. And for younger guests, the four children’s clubs, games & TV room and snow garden ensure that the children are as well looked after as you are.
- Ski lifts: - 350m (chairlift & gondola)
- Equipment hire shop: - 300m
- Ski school meeting point: - 350m (Top of lift)
- Resort centre: - 300m
All rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished with deep mattresses, flatscreen TVs and a fully en suite bathroom with hairdryer, bath & shower attachment. Most rooms have wonderful views of El Tarter’s surrounding mountains and some have a balcony or terrace.
Club & economy twin or double rooms & club triple rooms (2-3 people): Twin, double and triple rooms, some with a balcony or terrace. Rooms for sole use are available.
Club quad rooms (2-4 people):These large rooms have twin beds and built-in wooden bunk beds suitable for adults or children, separated from the main bedroom by a partition. Most rooms have a balcony or terrace. One room has two bedrooms; one with twin beds and the other with bunk beds in a small room off the hallway. There is also a large terrace offering mountain views
The facilities don’t stop there. A treatment room offers sports massage and therapies to help you ease any sore muscles, and a brand new ski storage area with boot warmers will make sure you have toasty feet each morning. All of this will of course be wrapped up in the friendly, relaxed and welcoming atmosphere created by our excellent hospitality team that previous guests have all come to know and love.
- Relaxed bar area with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV & board games
- Separate lounge area with large open fire and comfy seating
- Large sun terrace with views of El Tarter's slopes
- Equipment storage & boot warmers
- Free daily use of indoor pool, hot tub & steam room at nearby Hotel Nordic (300m away) from 12 to 3pm. Access outside of these times is subject to availability
- Treatment room for sports & beauty therapies
- A large range of treatments are offered in the wellness area, such as sports, deep tissue & hot stone massage, Japanese Reiki, Indian head massage and beauty treatments using Temple Spa products. Please visit the hotel reception for information and prices.
Mountain Experts are fully qualified ski & board instructors that offer free guiding and coaching sessions throughout the week. They will guide you around the mountain with like-minded, confident blue and red-run skiers or boarders whilst offering professional coaching at the same time.
These aren't structured lessons, but a fun and informal way to get your winter legs back, make the most of the mountain and improve your technique at the same time.
Guiding & Coaching - What's included?
- A gentle intro at the start of the week to help you get your winter legs back
- Free guiding around the ski area by professional instructors for all guests over 18*
- A series of free coaching sessions designed to help you improve and become a better skier or boarder
- Insider knowledge of where to find the best runs and lunch stops
- Jump the queues at the lifts to get more mountain time
Sessions and durations may vary depending on the size and location of your hotel or chalet, but we guarantee at least 2 x 2hr sessions per person per week.
Your weekly planner will be provided when you sign up, for further information ask one of the resort teams.
Meals: Club Board.
- Extensive cooked & continental buffet breakfast including fresh coffee, tea, fruit juices, breads, pastries, jams, cereals & porridge served daily.
- Daily afternoon tea with warming soup plus freshly baked cakes or biscuits.
- An appetising four-course buffet & waiter-served evening meal (drinks to accompany your meal can be purchased from the bar) followed by fresh coffee is available on 6 nights leaving you free on one evening to explore the resort.
- 4 fantastic tour operator-run children's clubs available 6 days a week for children aged 4 months – 2 years, 2-5 years, 5-12 years and 13-16 years.
- Evening childcare for 4-12yrs available on 3 evenings a week
- Ski school pick-up and drop-off service
- Hotel snow garden for outdoor play
- Children’s menus & high tea for children at 5pm
- Games & TV room with a pool table
- Snow buggies and sledges available
- 24hr baby room & UK standard cots & highchairs
Official rating: ***
Number of rooms: 53
Some facilities may incur a local charge.
Soldeu and El Tarter
El Tarter is only 2.6km by road from Soldeu, 5 minutes in a taxi or take the local bus service.
On the mountain
Soldeu & El Tarter is home to one of the best ski schools in Europe. They’ll transform nervous beginners into confident skiers and boarders in no time. The speedy and elite can also choose from a range of classes and clinics, all set in the fantastic, 210km Grandvalira area. The wonderful range of blues and reds as well as some world-class black slopes are all expertly maintained and the safe terrain make is perfect for exploring on your own or with a guide.
Off the mountain
El Tarter has a more laid back feel than Soldeu with just a couple of après and night time bars and restaurants. Head to the Hotel del Clos bar with its fantastic atmosphere, regular live music and entertainment.
Soldeu is an enchanting village that combines modern development with traditional mountain style, and being only small, everything is ultra-convenient. The après scene in Soldeu is second to none with a handful of excellent restaurants serving traditional mountain and international cuisine and live music in many of the small & friendly bars each afternoon.
Andorra is well known for its duty free shopping opportunities, the best place to take advantage of the bargains on offer is in the capital city of Andorra la Vella, which is within easy reach of both Soldeu and El Tarter, just a 30 minute bus ride away and with good public transport links is a relatively quick and easy trip to make.
Soldeu is home to a small selection of quality ski and snowboard shops where you can pick up everything you will need for a ski or snowboard trip.
Shopping in El Tarter is a little limited, however you do not have far to travel to Soldeu, Andorra la Vella or Pas de la Casa. On the main road just at the edge of El Tarter you will find Caves Manacor, a never ending store specialising in delicatessen products, cheeses and typical foods from the region, they also stock a large selection of liquors, cigarettes, household items and gifts. Just next door in the car park you will also find a perfumery.
* Additional Charges
If the number of people staying in this room is less than the maximum occupancy, there may be a slight charge for under-occupancy. Bookings made by credit card incure a fee of 1%, American Express 2.5%, no charge for UK debit cards. All other holiday companies charge these supplements; it's just that we are up front about them and inform you of them before you call.
Terms and Conditions
All property information is the tour operators brochure description and is provided by an independent source. Facilities and amenities described herein can not be guaranteed by the Agent. All holidays are subject to availability changes. When a deal is gone, it is gone.
Certain countries require visas prior to travel. It is your responsibility to check for any necessary visa or inoculation requirements for your destination.