Austria- Gotzens; Ski Week w/Meals
- Hotel Edelweiss
- 7 Nights
- Board Basis:
- Half Board
- Return Flights
- Atol Protection
- 20kg Luggage Allowance
- Daily Breakfast
- 3 Course Evening Meals
- Free bus to Olympia Skiworld Areas
- Please call 0114 250 4042 for available departure dates
Hotel Edelweiss, Gotzens
- 9 great ski areas on one combined lift pass
- Tyrolean charm and beautiful scenery
- Short transfer from Innsbruck
- Free bus to Stubai Glacier, Schlick 2000, Kühtai, Muttereralm and Axamer Lizum
Combine a short transfer from Innsbruck airport to the lovely Hotel Edelweiss in Götzens with a whole week of access to the famous Olympia SkiWorld region.
Great for skiers of all abilities due to the perfect mix of blue, red and black runs, with varied ski terrains and stunning panoramic landscapes that encompass the ski region.
Run by the friendly Helmuth and his family, the Edelweiss hotel in Götzens offers a great base to explore the local and wider Olympia SkiWorld region with a ski bus outside the hotel.
Rooms are comfortable and many have views of the stunning mountain scenery that encompasses the property.
The bar and lounge area with open fireplace offer a sociable spot to relax in each evening and make new friends with like-minded guests whilst the leisure area with indoor pool, sauna and steam room create a welcome retreat after time spent on the slopes.
In the centre of Götzens, with a ski bus stop just 200m from the hotel (5 minutes to Muttereralm, 20 minutes to Axams).
- 77 rooms
- Austrian twins have bath or shower, some rooms sleep up to 3
- Single rooms have bath
- All rooms have TV, telephone, radio, safe and hairdryer.
- Balconies are on request
- Buffet breakfast and 3 course evening meal with choice of main dish including salad buffet
- New Year gala dinner included.
- Leisure area with indoor pool, sauna and steam room, gym (FREE)
- Wi-Fi internet access (pay locally)
Austria Tourist Tax
As of this winter there is an Austrian Tourist Tax being introduced which guests pay direct to the hotel. For Goetzens this will be €2 per person per night.
About The Resort
You get the best of both worlds when you take a ski holiday in this delightful ski resort near Innsbruck – great skiing and the chance to explore the picturesque charms of the Tirol’s capital city.
Situated on a scenic plateau close to Innsbruck, Götzens (6 miles) has its own local ski area, the Muttereralm, and is just a 20 minute free ski bus ride away from Axams which has twice hosted the Olympic Winter Games where you can enjoy the exhilarating women's downhill run.
Götzens is ideal for combining some sightseeing with the nearby slopes. Try the Olympic Bobsleigh run, visit the Bergisel Olympic Ski Jump or explore Innsbruck’s old town with its famous Golden Roof, the cathedral, imperial palace, not to mention the huge range of shops and cafés.
Beginners skiing in Axamer Lizum
Learn on the gentle nursery slopes on the Muttereralm or near the base station in the Axamer Lizum
Intermediate skiing in Olympia SkiWorld Ski Safari
With a variety of blue and long red runs, there is plenty of choice for the intermediate skier on the Götzneralm, Muttereralm and Axamer Lizum ski area, not to mention the other 8 ski areas included on the Olympica SkiWorld pass
Advanced skiing in Olympia SkiWorld Ski Safari
Skiers will enjoy the 7km long black run back into Axams, the men’s slalom run from the top of the Birgitzköpfl or the black runs in the other areas included in the Olympia SkiWorld pass.
Snowboarding The Olympia SkiWorld Ski Safari
The Axamer Lizum area is popular with snowboarders who enjoy the wide pistes as well as the Snow & Fun park.
You will have access to the ski area, where ski buses* take you so that you are able to ski the region as a Ski Safari – you can view full details of it below.
- Ski area: 56 km
- Resort Altitude: 830m
- Ski Alt. From: 830m
- Ski Alt. To: 2340m
- Longest Run: 7
- Run Information: Whole area 295km (Olympia SkiWorld). Runs (Axams, Gotzens & Mutters) Blue 18km Red 28km Black 10km. Runs (Olympia SkiWorld) Blue 92km Red 149km Black 54km.
- Lifts: Chairlifts 7 , Free Baby Lifts 0 , Draglifts 4 , Gondolas 2 , Rack Railway 1
- Lift Ski Lockers: No
- Local Pass Lifts: 14
- Whole Area Pass Lifts: 14
- Night Skiing Included: No
- Glaciers: 1
- Mountain Restaurants: 7
- Cross Country Trails: 200km whole area
- Off-piste Options: No
- Slope DirectionN,E,S,W
- Snowpark Info: 1 Snowboard park in Axams and 4 more in SkiWorld
- Walking: 161
- Ski/Resort bus: Free with lift pass
- Ice skating in Götzens
- Leisure centre - Axams
- Climbing hall - Axams
- Bus to Innsbruck
- Igls - Olympic bob-sleigh
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride
* Additional Charges
If the number of people staying in this room is less than the maximum occupancy, there may be a slight charge for under-occupancy. Booking fee’s apply on all bookings and will be confirmed at the time of booking. Minimum booking fee £5 per person.
Terms and Conditions
All property information is the tour operators brochure description and is provided by an independent source. Facilities and amenities described herein can not be guaranteed by the Agent. All holidays are subject to availability changes. When a deal is gone, it is gone.
Certain countries require visas prior to travel. It is your responsibility to check for any necessary visa or inoculation requirements for your destination.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information click here.