The Chalet is located right at the side of the slopes in the centre of the resort!
There are only a handful of detached chalets in Val Thorens, and this super property is certainly one of the very best. Divided into two chalets, run and catered separately, but sharing the bonus of the sauna on the ground floor, the Chalet Catherine could not be more central nor more stylish.
Skiing is literally to and from the door, as the chalet is located right on the side of the nursery slopes in the centre of the resort.
The Catherine has a separate comfortable lounge area on the lower floor, ideal for afternoon tea and relaxing after dinner, while upstairs is the attractive dining-room with its open fire, picture windows and large terrace offering fabulous views.
At a glance
- Skiing to and from the doorstep
- Superb chalet built to tour operators' specification
- Log fire and TV/DVD
- Free Wifi
- Sun terrace and balconies with sensational views
- Substantial breakfast - continental breakfast on 7 mornings with hot option provided on 5 days*
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake on 5 days
- 3-course dinners on 5 evenings including a prosecco apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines and tea or coffee
Ski Range 1,300m – 3,230m
Ski Val Thorens, the highest ski resort in Europe, and with guaranteed snow, due to its height and the Peclet Glacier its reliability is without question. The most modern village in the famous 'Three Valleys' ski area, its skiing, facilities and sheer convenience are impossible to beat. The huge open snow-bowl in which Val Thorens lies offers some of the best intermediate skiing holidays in the whole of the Three Valleys, and the sheer quality of the snow at this height makes it a joy to ski. In the evenings Val Thorens is generally a lively place, with an après-ski scene to match its incredible skiing.
80 shops, 50 restaurants, 15 bars/clubs, Swimming pool, Toboggan run, Snow mobiles, Squash, Tennis, Gym, and bowling alley.