It is the location of any ski hotel that counts and that’s where the Champs Avalins really scores. You can ski back to within just 50m of the Chalet Hotel, and each morning you have a choice of lifts right on hand to whisk you up the mountain. This included the fast Symphony Gondola seating 10 people in 50 cabins and just beyond that it the Funival funicular going to the Bellevarde area.
- Fantastic ski location
- Skiing virtually to the doorstep
- High-speed gondola and chairlift approx. 3 minutes' walk (300m)
- Funival Express funicular approx. 4 minutes' walk (400m)
- Ski hire shop within 2 minutes' walk
- 2 minutes walk to the ski bus stop going to the centre of Val d'Isere
- Substantial breakfast - continental buffet breakfast on 7 mornings with hot option provided on 6 days
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savoury treats on 6 days
- 3-course dinners with a set munu on 6 evenings including a prosecco apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines and tea or coffee
Champs Avalins Overview
In common with the rest of Val d’Isère’s La Daille area, the Chalet Hotel might not win any awards for the cutest or prettiest exterior in the Alps but inside, the Champs Avalins offers a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The attractive restaurant on the first floor has views to the piste, and forms the centrepiece of our chalet.
The residents’ bar is ideal for afternoon, or pre-or post-dinner drinks and is a lively venue for swapping the day’s ski highlights. Canapés and pre-dinner glass of prosecco are served in the bar.
The Chalet Hotel is an ideal option for skiers wanting to enjoy the amazing runs ski runs of Val d'Isère and Tignes. You can ski back close to the Chalet Hotel or even return in the Symphony Gondola from the Folie Douce. The regular bus goes to the centre of Val d'Isère and it runs until late. Otherwise it is just a 12-15 minutes flat walk with streetlights if you want to stretch your legs.
The bedrooms are generally a good size and attractively furnished, and all of them have well appointed shower or bathrooms, most with smart new tiling from floor to ceiling. Most rooms have balconies, many of which are south-facing and overlook the piste where the World Cup Downhill run finishes, and there are some pairs of rooms with an inter-connecting door available on request.
- Continental buffet breakfast for 7 mornings with hot option provided on 6 mornings per week†
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake & savoury treat on 6 days†
- 3 course evening evening set menu served 6 days, including pre-dinner glass of prosecco with canapés, a choice of complimentary wine & tea/coffee†
†(Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea & dinner is 6 days per week due to Chalet Hotel staff's day off)
Two dinner sittings, one from 6.30pm for aperitifs, and the other from 8pm, creating a cosier dinner ambiance, and giving you the possibility of enjoying more après ski, either in the early evening on some nights or after dinner on other nights. We will do our best to accommodate your individual preferences and you can state which sitting you prefer (if any) when booking.
Families staying in our Chalet Hotels can chose for children to have High Tea at 5.30 or all dine together at a later time.
Val d'Isere combines with Tignes to form the fantastic Espace Killy offering endless excitement to suit all tastes and abilities. The resort is composed of La Daille, Val d'Isere centre and Le Fornet, all linked by a free bus service. At the bottom of the famous World Cup piste, La Daille provides easy acess to skiing via the Funival funicular and brand new Symphony 10 person gondola with 50 cabins whilst Val d'Isere centre has a lovely Alpine village atmosphere. Val is renowned for its nightlife, which ranges from lively clubs to cosy creperies and traditional restaurants.