Hotel Escapade, Alpe D'Huez
The homely and relaxed Escapade is situated in a convenient location, next to a groomed track which allows you to ski to and from the hotel and just up from the old town centre. Head to the south-facing terrace to enjoy an après ski drink or have a soak in the outdoor hot tub and soak up the views!
- Ski slopes: - A groomed track to the chairlift outside the hotel (open for most of the season)
- Ski lifts: - 50m to L'Eclose chairlift
- Ski school meeting point: - 750m (accessed by lifts 50m away)
- Resort centre: - 80m (Old town)
- Cosy bar and small lounge area with satellite TV & tab system
- Wellness area with one indoor and one outdoor hot tub, sauna and steam room
- Large south-facing sun terrace overlooking the slopes
- Free Wi-Fi in the public areas
- Ski/boot room with heated boot warmers
All rooms are bright and airy with simple furnishings and some have views across the slopes. All have either en-suite bathroom with either a shower or bath with shower attachment, and wc. Some rooms have a balcony.
Club & economy rooms (2-3 people): Twin, double or triple rooms with shower and wc, some also have views over the piste.
Club quad rooms (2-4 people): Two rooms, one with a double bed, the other with bunks, plus a shower room and separate wc.
Club interconnecting rooms (2-4 people): These rooms consist of two twin or double rooms with views of the piste, each with its own en-suite bathroom with shower and wc.
- Extensive cooked & continental buffet breakfast including fresh coffee, tea, fruit juices, breads, pastries, jams, cereals & porridge served daily between 7 & 9am. A continental breakfast is served until 10am.
- Daily afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes & biscuits.
- An appetising four-course buffet & waiter-served evening meal (drinks to accompany your meal can be purchased from the bar) followed by fresh coffee is available on 6 nights between 7 & 10pm, leaving you 1 night free to explore the resort. The hotel’s menu is still available on the non-inclusive evening, simply charge it to your room.
Mountain Experts are fully qualified ski & board instructors that offer free guiding and coaching sessions throughout the week. They will guide you around the mountain with like-minded, confident blue and red-run skiers or boarders whilst offering professional coaching at the same time.
These aren't structured lessons, but a fun and informal way to get your winter legs back, make the most of the mountain and improve your technique at the same time.
Guiding & Coaching - What's included?*
- A gentle intro at the start of the week to help you get your winter legs back
- Free guiding around the ski area by professional instructors for all guests over 18*
- A series of free coaching sessions designed to help you improve and become a better skier or boarder
- Insider knowledge of where to find the best runs and lunch stops
- Jump the queues at the lifts to get more mountain time
Sessions and durations may vary depending on the size and location of your hotel or chalet, but we guarantee at least 2 x 2hr sessions per person per week.
Your weekly planner will be provided when you sign up, for further information ask one of our resort teams.