Hotel Les Cimes du Soleil is a wonderful addition to the programme for Winter 19/20. Featuring ski-in, ski-out accommodation with good facilities in the heart of this quaint car-free resort, it's an excellent choice for couples, friends or families alike.
Soak up the sun on the fantastic terrace after a long day skiing the large Portes du Soleil ski area. Later in the evening, you can enjoy a drink in the cosy bar after dinner or enjoy the entertainment provided..
At a glance
- High altitude skiing & guaranteed snow
- 650km of piste in the Portes du Soleil!
- Ski to/from the door at most properties
All rooms have twin or double beds (please specify preference when booking), WC, bath with shower head attachment or shower room, WiFi (pay locally), cable / satellite flat screen TV with English speaking channels, safe, hair dryer and views of the mountains.
- Comfort Twin Rooms (A2) sleep 2 people.
- Privilege Twin Rooms (B2) sleep 2 people.
- Privilege Rooms (F1) are also available for sole occupancy (on request).
- Privilege Family Rooms (C4) sleep 4 people and includes two interconnecting B2 rooms.
- Beds are made on arrival and daily house keeping is included.
- Continental buffet breakfast with additional hot options
- 3 Course buffet evening meals with wine included (red and rosé)
- Packed lunches available (on request - additional supplement)
- Savoyard raclette and fondue evening (once per week) at 'Le Cedre Rouge' restaurant (reserve at reception)
- Special dietary requirements (gluten free, vegetarian etc.) are available (on request)
- Sun terrace
- Mountain views
- WiFi (pay locally)
- Heated ski equipment storage room
- Close to centre of Avoriaz
- Ski in / ski out access
- Local shops, bars and restaurants
- 2 Restaurants
- Games area with billiards table
- Ski shop on site
- Evening entertainment
- Snack bar
- Laundry services (pay locally)
- Newspapers (on request)
Local Fees and Taxes
Resort taxes per person, per day (under 18's Free of charge) paid locally
Lift Pass & Ski Equipment Offer
- 2-for-1 lift pass offer for all new bookings made in August.
- Excludes departures on 11 Jan and 1, 15 & 29 Feb and applies to adult passes only.
- Book your lift pass with us and there is also 50% off equipment hire or carriage
- Book by 31st August
Please note: Excludes departures on 15 Feb & 4 Apr. Applies to adult passes only
Superb skiing in this traffic-free resort in the huge Portes du Soleil region
The purpose built, very snow sure resort of Avoriaz is the highest in the huge Portes du Soleil - the world's largest international linked ski area. Awarded Best Family Resort in the Snow Awards justifies its reputation as a family friendly, as well as appealing to skiers and boarders of all abilities. The whole resort is traffic free and easily accessible whether on skis, on foot or even horse drawn sleigh. There is a wide choice of shops, restaurants and bars with a varied selection of nightlife.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Avoriaz for beginners
Beginners taking part in ski lessons will gather near the drop off point in Avoriaz, and from there they will tackle the gentle nursery slopes around the tops of the Plateau chair lift and top of the Proclou chair lift. The Super Morzine area has some lovely gentle runs that stretch from Avoriaz to Morzine where you can get the cable car back up again. For those beginners with a little more confidence and seeking to ski independently, the long, gentle green Proclou piste is a great place to start, and follow it up with the easy blue runs around the Prolays and Brochaux chair lifts.
Avoriaz for intermediates
The whole Portes du Soleil is an absolute treasure for the intermediate skier with plenty of pleasant blue runs that aren’t too heavily cluttered and offer astounding vistas.
The area that towers over Avoriaz and is accessed by the Lac-Intrets chair lift offers plenty of easy cruising, and the blue runs in the Les Lindarets area (easily accessed by the Prolays chair lift) dip and dive in and out of the woods. When armed with a little more confidence, don’t be afraid to explore further afield: climb to the Col du Fornet peak and descend from there, and explore the red runs over on Plaine Dranse.
Avoriaz for advanced
Fresh powder and off-piste skiing can be quite hard to come by in the immediate area around Avoriaz, but during the peak season, thanks to its high altitude, Avoriaz can enjoy up to almost 8m of snow. There is a stretch of black pistes and powder pockets that can be reached in the Les Hauts Forts area at the top of the Grandes Combes chair lift. Head over towards Chamossiere in Les Gets for some challenging areas, and the Cornebois in Chatel.
Freestyle and terrain parks
Sitting directly above Avoriaz is the Snowpark Chappelle which includes a variety of features- XS, S, M, L jumps, boxes, rails and kickers. There is an area exclusively for the beginner freestyler to get some practice here as well.
Also in Avoriaz is the Snowpark d’Arare which includes some much bigger features (up to XXL) and an airbag and kicker installed in the spring.
The Stash Freestyle Park was the first of its kind- a long snaking run that dips and dives through the trees with rails, boxes and kickers made out of natural materials and hidden in corners and between trees.
Across the Portes du Soleil there are a total of seven parks, four airbags and a superpipe in Avoriaz.