Run by a lovely British couple, the Hotel Palarine will give a completely different feel to your ski break than any other accommodation in Arinsal. Located in Erts, it's just a 5 minute bus ride to the main gondola and Arinsal resort centre.
The hotel is a favourite, thanks to rooms which are furnished to be perfectly suited to a ski holiday - spacious, traditional and nicely decorated. The wonderful restaurant and bar are an unexpected treat, with a playful south-east Asian theme running through. Breakfast is plentiful and decidedly British, with several cooked options to choose from as well as the usual continental offerings.
- 5 minute bus ride to the main Arinsal gondola and resort centre.
- A great hotel offering excellent value for money and an enjoyable atmosphere.
- Bambú après ski bar with HD Sky TV, open fireplace and entertainment including live music.
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel and access to Playstation 3 consoles.
- Free evening hotel-run shuttle bus to resort centre (times vary depending on demand).
- 5 minutes on the free ski bus to the lifts
- Ski bus stop outside
- 20 minutes' walk to the resort centre and Arinsal gondola
Rooms for 2 people on half board sharing a twin room with private bath, shower and WC. Double, triple and quad rooms are also available. Sole occupancy is available at a supplement on request.
All rooms have flatscreen satellite TV with English channels, WiFi and hairdryer.
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Full English and continental options
- 3-course buffet style evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad, starter and dessert buffets
- Themed buffet evenings including Tex-Mex, Chinese, Indian, Italian and a Sunday roast
- Bambú après bar with HD Sky TV, open fireplace and varied entertainment programme including live music
- Free WiFi
- Playstation 3 consoles
- Extra charge for Bambú Oriental restaurant
- Seating area with TV in reception
- Board games available
- Extra charge (€6 per person per day) for use of the spa in the nearby Ordino sports centre
- 36 bedrooms
- Lift to all floors
- Free evening hotel-run shuttle bus to the resort centre (times vary depending on demand)
An established favourite with UK skiers and boarders, and exceptional value for money
Arinsal, located towards Andorra’s western border with Spain, is part of Andorra’s Vallnord ski region which includes Pal and Ordino-Arcalis, with runs totalling almost 60 miles. There are two separate villages. Arinsal is more lively and La Massana is quieter and more family-orientated but both offer some of the best-value skiing anywhere in Europe.
Great hospitality, long sunny days and plenty of well-prepared confidence building runs make it an ideal destination for beginners and intermediates, whilst the radical ‘Freestyle Area’ caters well for snowboarders. The Arinsal gondola accesses the Arinsal area whilst Pal is reached from La Massana but both ski areas are linked by cable car, and the lift pass also covers the intermediate ski area of Arcalis. Arinsal’s skiing is in a narrow open bowl, and its neighbour Pal has predominantly wooded slopes.
Nightlife in Arinsal is lively with a choice of bars and clubs operating well into the small hours.
Families are also well catered for in Arinsal, with an excellent kindergarten and child lift pass offers.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Beginners skiing in Arinsal
An almost unbeatable combination of excellent, friendly, English speaking tuition and a good variety of easy slopes across the ski area including a scenic run right from the summit.
Intermediates skiing in Arinsal
Be in your element with a good choice of wide, flattering pistes to keep most skiers occupied.
Advanced skiing in Arinsal
Possibly limited although there are some testing mogul runs and challenging off-piste and the freeride areas are worth checking out.
Snowboarders in Arinsal
The radical ‘FreeStyle Area’ boasts a mega half-pipe, Big Air Jump, as well as a Boardercross with jumps, bumps, curves and music.
Free with lift pass