Set in a convenient yet quiet location, The Sud Ovest is a small hotel run by the experienced Roux family. Always welcoming, they will do their best to ensure you have an enjoyable stay in a relaxed atmosphere. Situated at the top of the village it is close to the main shopping area, Piazza Fraiteve and the town centre. The main ski lifts are 750m away. Alternatively, the ski bus stops nearby (pay locally). Comfort rooms have been recently renovated in simple, contemporary style.
- Continental buffet breakfast , hot option is extra (payable locally)
- 3 course evening meal with choice is served in the main restaurant. There is an extensive wine list.
- Weekly traditional gala dinner of local specialities.
- Free Daily Afternoon Tea & Cakes from 4:30-5:30pm
- Lounge with open fire place
- Bar and restaurant
- Access to small wellness centre with swimming pool, located 200 metres away (pay locally).
- Lounge area
Sitting at the very heart of The Milky Way ski area in Italy, Sestriere and nearby Borgata is the perfect home base for those of us who truly love the mountains. Whether you’re a complete beginner, or a seasoned expert, The Milky Way ski area truly has something for us all!
A purpose built resort that was constructed in the 1930s (and extended again in 2006 to host the Turin Winter Olympics) Sestriere has a modern and trendy feel to it, with a lively après ski crowd that congregates in the popular bars and pubs around the town when the lifts close.
Sestriere is also home to the Tabata night club, which claims to be one of the biggest and the best that the Alps has to offer!
Sitting amongst 400km of pistes, there is plenty of skiing and snowboarding to be had in Sestriere and beyond, joining the pistes over at Sauze d’Oulx, Claviere and Montgenvre over the border in France.
Local Fees and Taxes
Tourist tax payable locally directly to hotel