A small, unpretentious hotel, the Jungfrau Lodge offers good value, simple accommodation and a friendly atmosphere. Most of the rooms are south-facing enjoying lovely views of Mount Eiger and surrounding mountains.
Situated approx. 4 minutes' walk (400m) from the centre of the village, and the mountain railway station for the little train to the Kleine Scheidegg ski area.
The ski bus stop, which takes you to the 'First' or 'Männlichen' gondola, is just 2 minutes' away (200m) from the hotel
Modern 'Crystal' building located opposite the main hotel. Most of our rooms are in the main building.
- Twin and single rooms have bath or shower, cable TV, telephone and hairdryer
- Twin rooms with south-facing balconies have lovely views of Mount Eiger
- Good value south-facing rooms are also available in the more modern 'Crystal' building, located opposite the main hotel
- Buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening set menu taken in the main hotel. Weekly farmers' buffet (winter 2018/19)
- Special Christmas and New Year dinners included
- Welcome drink
- Appealing dining room
- Rustic-style bar
- Modern lounge
- Wi-Fi throughout (FREE)
- Public PC with internet access (FREE)
- Lift (in Crystal building only)
- Member of 'Gastro Suisse'
- FREE entrance to resort pool and ice rink
Official rating; ‘Swiss Lodge’.
Traditional village with fabulous skiing at the foot of the mighty Eiger
At a glance
- High altitude skiing & guaranteed snow
- Extensive skiing with links to Wengen & Mürren
- Friendly village set in spectacular scenery
This traditional mountain village is set amidst spectacular scenery at the foot of the towering north face of the Eiger. Easy access via mountain train, gondola and cable-car to the ‘Jungfrau’ ski region including the pistes linking Kleine Scheidegg and Männlichen means that you can tackle the challenging Lauberhorn race run, have lunch in Wengen, and be home in time for tea. Or spend the day cruising the long red runs at ‘First’, Grindelwald’s own ski area.
Non-skiers have fantastic winter walking possibilities with the non-skiers lift pass, whilst the friendly village has numerous shops, bars and cafés.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Beginners skiing in Grindelwald
Ski school meets at Bodmi nursery slopes at the top of the village and the wide blue runs of sunny ‘First’, Grindelwald’s own ski area, are excellent for gaining your confidence.
Intermediates skiing in Grindelwald
There's a great variety on offer, including the long red runs on ‘First’ and at Kleine Scheidegg and the more challenging tree-lined reds of Männlichen, the latter also giving access to the longest runs in the region, ending in Grund.
Advanced skiing in Grindelwald
Excellent possibilities for experienced skiers, including the 12km Lauberhorn race run!
Snowboarding in Grindelwald
'First' is a mecca for boarders, with a warm-up park on Oberjoch, plus the ‘White Elements’ terrain park and half pipe at Bärgelegg.
Things to do
- Full programme of après-ski events
- 'World Snow Festival (Snow Sculpture) (16-20 Jan)
- 'First Flyer' - Europe's first aerial cableway
- Longest toboggan run in Europe (15km)
- Superb network of winter walking trails with wonderful views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains
- Excellent train links to Brig, Interlaken, Thun and Berne for sightseeing
- Swimming pool
- Ice skating, curling
- Indoor rope park
- Bowling,sleigh rides, ice climbing
- 'Ice Magic' ice skating experience in nearby Interlaken
- Scenic sightseeing helicopter flight tours of the Jungfrau region