The well-equipped Levi Cottages have recently been refurbished to a high standard and are in a very convenient central location. The cottages are located just 150m from the main resort amenities and 450m walk from Levi's well stocked supermarket. Guests who would prefer to have meals included rather than self-cater can pre-book half board, with a breakfast and 3 course evening meal taken at K5 Hotel 150m away.
- 4-5 minutes' walk (450m) to the ski lifts
- 1-2 minute's walk (150m) to the supermarket and village centre
All Cottages have shower, WC, sauna, fireplace, TV, DVD, iron, oven, microwave, toaster, fridge, coffee-maker, dishwasher, drying closet. Cottages are located in several buildings. Linen, towels, final clean and one bag of firewood included (additional bags €10 payable locally)
- 1-room + mezzanine (A4) 35m²+mezz. Sleeps 2-4 people with 2 comfortable new twin beds in the living room, creating what is essentially a very attractively furnished high-quality studio with 2 comfortable mattress beds in the mezzanine
- 2-room + mezzanine (B6) 45m²+mezz. Sleeps 2-6 people with 1 twin bedroom, a sofa bed in the living room (suitable for maximum one adult) and 4 comfortable mattress beds in a large mezzanine.
- Self-catering cottages
- Optional pre-bookable half board with buffet breakfast and 3 course buffet evening meal take at K5 Hotel (150m away). Please note that during December, evening meals may be served at more than one seating time. Any special dietary requirements for half board should be advised at time of booking.
- Free Christmas Dinner with a visit from Santa and his Reindeer on 8, 15, 22 and 25 December 2018
- Linen, towels, final clean and one bag of firewood included (additional bags 10€ payable locally)
Lapland's most popular resort and long-standing favourite
Levi is the most popular Lapland resort with good reason. In recent years its infrastructure has been developed to an enviably high standard with an impressive range of accommodation and a wide choice of excellent restaurants and cosy bars. Its ski area is regarded as the best and most extensive in Finland and offers snow-sure, uncrowded skiing in an area of exceptional natural beauty. This pristine winter wonderland of snow-sculpted forests and glistening frozen lakes offers an extensive choice of activities including exhilarating husky, reindeer and snowmobile safaris. Skiing amidst the silence of the fells in a mystical blue twilight with rose-coloured dawns and dusks will leave you with indelible memories. For a really unique experience try a night in a thermal glass igloo with a chance to see the mesmerising Northern Lights shimmering in a star-studded night sky.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Beginner skiing in Levi
Wonderful resort in which to learn to ski. Uncrowded slopes, small classes and friendly English speaking instructors.
Intermediate skiing in Levi
Great area ideal for early intermediates with wide flattering runs and no lift queues.
Advanced skiing in Levi
Limited challenges, but good off-piste snow conditions and Levi's World Cup gondola slope.
Snowboarding in Levi
Perfect for learning on reliable snow including a special "snowboard alley" and halfpipe.
Cross-country in Levi
Simply the best for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails. Levi has 230kms of prepared trails. 28kms of these are floodlit. There are even dedicated loops where you can ski with your dog, plus 18kms of marked winter walking trails. The 18km circle around Levi fell is easy even for novices, with possible breaks at two different reindeer farms, and can be extended a further 15km along the Ounas river to Köngäs, returning via Luvattumaa with its café and Ice Gallery. More challenging routes circle Kätkä and Pyhä fells with overnight stays possible in wilderness huts like Aakenuspirtti in the midst of a silent snowy wilderness. Several lean-to shelters, kota resting spots and cafés punctuate the routes.
The whole area is a cross-country skier’s idyll and particularly well-suited to those trying the sport for the first time. Tracks are meticulously prepared and well signposted and there is always somewhere to take a break and enjoy a hot drink and snack around an open fire. You can make your routes as challenging or as easy as you choose, without any high level of fitness necessary. Cross-country skiing is an excellent low impact sport, especially if your alpine skiing legs have had their day, and is a wonderful stress-free and healthy way to get out into unspoiled nature.