The Hotel Tirolerhof is an attractive, family-run, traditional hotel with excellent facilities, a popular après-ski bar and an unbeatable location in Oberau. Irma and Martin Erharter and their family will welcome you to their hotel and their personal service will ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
- Traditional hotel with excellent facilities
- Situated directly beside the slopes, main lift and ski school meeting place
- Buffet breakfast and 3 course evening meal with 3 choices of main dish plus salad buffet.
- Weekly starter and dessert buffets
- Weekly farmers' buffet with music
- Leisure area with small indoor pool, steam room and sauna
All rooms have balcony, cable TV, telephone, hairdryer, radio, safe and free Wi-Fi
- 22m² 'Comfort' Austrian twins sleep up to 3 people, have shower, sofa bed and west-facing balcony
- 30m² 'Comfort Deluxe Morning Sun' Austrian twins sleep up to 4 people, have shower, lounge area with sofa bed and east-facing balcony
- Single rooms have a shower and balcony
- Comfortable lounge/bar
- Residents' and à la carte restaurants
- Sun terrace with après-ski bar 'Stadl'
- 'Snow Blau' evening bar with twice weekly live music
- Small indoor pool, steam room and sauna (free); massage (pay locally)
- Wi-Fi internet access (free)
Classic Tyrolean charm, full of character and unspoilt scenery
- Skiing up to 1,900m & excellent snow record
- Interlinked with the Alpbach ski area
- Short transfers from Innsbruck Airport
Wild and beautiful – hence the name of one of the Tyrol’s loveliest and most unspoilt valleys. Even though Innsbruck is just under two hours away it could be a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Niederau, the first and biggest of its traditional and most charming villages, is ideal for beginner and intermediate skiers, although there are testing runs too. It’s linked with Oberau, just 3km away, by free ski bus service. Auffach, at the end of the valley, has some more challenging slopes and is now linked with Alpbach’s ski area to form, with Niederau and Auffach, the Ski Juwel area. In recent seasons, the Wildschönau has won awards for ‘Best Family Ski Area’ and ‘Friendliest Staff’, as well as one for excellent piste preparation.
All guests receive the FREE Wildschönau Card, which includes guided winter walks and snowshoeing, FREE entry to local museums as well as discounts for local attractions and activities.
Beginners skiing in Oberau
Oberau is excellent for beginners as the nursery slopes are directly in the centre of the village. Ski school for Oberau is based in Niederau which is a 5 minute journey on the free ski bus.
Intermediate skiing in Oberau
The main skiing takes place in Niederau via the Markbachjoch gondola or the Lanerköpfl chairlift. As the Wildschönau is now interlinked with Alpbach, it is ideal for intermediates with many blue and red runs to choose from.
Advanced skiing in Oberau
Along with four exciting black runs and a couple of mogul fields in the valley, most areas offer several off-piste routes for the adventurous skier.
Snowboarding in Oberau
The wide open, easy slopes are suitable for beginners and intermediates. More experienced boarders will enjoy the three funparks (whole area).
Added Value Offers
- 50% off ski/snowboard hire or carriage when you pre-book your lift pass (must be booked 6 weeks before departure)
- Free child helmet when booking skis and boots
- Free Child Lift Passes children born 2015 or later
- 1 Free Child Ski & Boots when 1 adult pre-books ski & boots